McCoy Fort, located in Williamsburg West Virginia, was built by the William McCoy family around 1770 and was one of the first pioneer settlement structures in this area. A barn was eventually built around the fort, preserving the structure. The derecho of 2012 threatened the structural integrity of the barn and enclosed fort, so it was dismantled and relocated. The Williamsburg District Historical Foundation is now in ownership of the fort and plans to have it moved to their museum grounds. An annual construction date will greatly enhance the historic significance of this structure.